Creative Problem Solving & Ideation Training
In order for companies to be innovative and remain competitive, they must instill a culture of creativity.
It’s easy to let challenges be our excuse for blocked creative ideas. However, we do have a choice: we can either let those constraints derail us, or we can use them as a catalyst for creative problem-solving by learning “play” within them. This training provides tools and techniques to challenge outmoded habits and ways of thinking, and moving on to focus on creativity and ideation practices applied to real-world problems as a group.
Creative Problem Solving within Constraints:
Professionals need to be able to craft and deliver leading-edge solutions that require a high level of creative ideas and innovative thinking. However, working in the real world means that you often come up against everyday obstacles, such as unwieldy bureaucracy, red tape, difficult managers, constantly shifting deadlines, and poorly functioning teams. These obstacles negatively affect getting work done as a team: the generating and application of ideas, team communication, and ultimately, the achievement of production goals.
It’s easy to let challenges be our excuse for blocked creative ideas. However, we do have a choice: we can either let those constraints derail us, or we can use them as a catalyst for creative problem-solving by learning “play” within them. This workshop provides tools and techniques to challenge outmoded habits and ways of thinking, and moving on to focus on creativity and ideation practices applied to real-world problems as a group. By the end of the day, attendees will understand how to transform constraints from obstacles into catalysts to inspire new ideas and increase both individual and collective productive output.
What you’ll learn:
- How to reframe problems
- Divergent and convergent thinking
- Using empathy to think like your user
- Active Listening
- Creating a collaborative environment
- Looking at problems from multiple perspectives and reframing them
- Methods to manage a team that gets easily thrown off by limitations in project scope, timeline, and needs
- How to speak the appropriate language for a particular audience when communication differences are an obstacle.
Our training ignites and sustains passion, encourages risk taking and it teaches you how to look at mistakes as opportunities, all while having fun.
The Lean Ideation Experience
Imagine if you could begin working on a new idea or product tomorrow. This intensive course is designed to get you to understand the Lean Startup Experience and get you out of the building to validate if your should or shouldn’t move forward with an idea. This workshop is experiential and you will be rapidly learning by doing and not by lecture.
As a participant, you will be expected to be open to innovating and collaborating with the other participants of this workshop. You will do customer/user development, define the problem, ideation exercises, pitching practice and experiments to learn about what your users really need.
- Get to know the group
- Understand pain points
- Describe potential target customers- persona building
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams
- Design an experiment
- Craft customer interviews
- Customer Interviews
- Validating problem
- Experiment with techniques to come up with ideas
- Narrow down ideas
- Research competition
- Using Lean Canvas
- Crafting pitch/presentation
- Present your pitch and process
- Action Planning
- Multiple ideas and techniques to solve problems
- Break out of routine way of thinking
- Effective communication with your team
- How to pitch
- How to do customer interviews